Master of Arts in Politics and Security (Central Asia) Programme 2024-2026
Application deadline – 31 January 2024, 11.00 pm (Bishkek time)
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, established in 2002 by the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes the principles and values of the OSCE through post-graduate education, professional trainings, research and intellectual exchange. Its demanding MA Programme in the field of “Politics and Security (Central Asia)” enrolls a total of up to 30 students on a highly competitive basis each year. It is designed for young professionals with a strong work ethic who wish to broaden their education in the areas of political sciences, security studies, international relations, and conflict prevention.
This is a full-time programme that starts on 1 September 2024 and runs 18 months. Prior to 1 September all enrolled students must participate in the preparatory Summer School that will run from 5 to 29 August 2024. Students are required to travel and be based in Bishkek.
TO APPLY PLEASE, REGISTER AND COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
To apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Successful completion of an academic degree of higher education (four-year BA degree, Specialist Diploma, or final year BA program) in the field of international relations, political sciences, social sciences, humanities, or other equivalent subjects;
• Citizenship of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, or of any other OSCE participating State;
• Advanced level of English (at least 6.5 on the IELTS or a 90 on the TOEFL).
OSCE Academy offers:
• Tuition-free studies
• Monthly stipend of 450 EUR
• Round trip travel to/from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (economy class) *
• Basic medical insurance coverage (except for the citizens of Kyrgyzstan)
• Funded internship opportunities in Europe for top GPA students*
If you need further information please contact: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further testing and interviews!
* subject to the OSCE Academy’s internal rules and regulations